Implant-Supported Bridges in Vail, AZ
We believe a gorgeous smile can change your world.
Implant-Supported Bridges At Vail Family Dentistry
Welcome to the informative world of Vail Family Dentistry, your trusted dental office in Vail, AZ. In our quest to provide exceptional dental care and information, we’re excited to share insights about one of the most effective solutions for missing teeth – Implant-Supported Bridges. Our goal is to guide you through understanding this treatment option, helping you make informed decisions about your oral health.
What Is An Implant-Supported Bridge?
An implant-supported bridge is a cutting-edge dental restoration method specifically designed for replacing two or more consecutive missing teeth. Unlike traditional methods, such as fixed bridges or removable partial dentures, this technique offers a robust and lasting solution. Here’s why it stands out:
- Longevity and Durability: Implant-supported bridges are anchored directly to the jawbone, unlike traditional bridges that rely on adjacent teeth. This direct integration with the bone ensures a more durable and long-lasting restoration.
- Bone Health Preservation: One of the significant issues with traditional dental restorations is the potential weakening of the surrounding bone. Implant-supported bridges promote bone health by providing stimulation similar to natural teeth roots.
- Aesthetic and Functional Excellence: These bridges are meticulously crafted to resemble your natural teeth, both in appearance and functionality. You can expect a seamless blend with your smile, along with the ability to chew and speak without hindrance.
Why Choose Vail Family Dentistry for Your Implant-Supported Bridge?
At Vail Family Dentistry, we are committed to providing top-notch dental care with a personal touch. Here’s why our patients in the Vail, AZ area trust us:
- Expertise and Experience: Our dental team is highly skilled in advanced restorative procedures, including implant-supported bridges.
- State-of-the-Art Technology: We utilize the latest dental technologies and techniques to ensure precision and comfort throughout your treatment.
- Patient-Centered Care: Your comfort and well-being are our top priorities. We provide a welcoming, supportive environment and tailor our treatments to your unique needs.
- Comprehensive Dental Solutions: Beyond implant-supported bridges, we offer a wide range of dental services to cater to all your oral health needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about Implant Supported Bridges
What is the procedure for implant-supported bridges at Vail Family Dentistry?
Our approach at Vail Family Dentistry combines advanced technology with personalized care. Here’s a step-by-step overview of what to expect:
- Initial Consultation: Your journey begins with a comprehensive evaluation where we discuss your oral health, the suitability of implant-supported bridges for your case, and address any concerns or questions.
- Implant Placement: The procedure starts with the placement of dental implants in the jawbone. These implants serve as the foundation for the bridge.
- Healing and Integration: After implant placement, a healing period is necessary for the implants to integrate with the jawbone, ensuring a stable base for the bridge.
- Temporary Restoration: To ensure your comfort and functionality during the healing process, temporary teeth may be attached over the implants.
- Permanent Bridge Attachment: Once the healing is complete and the implants are fully integrated, we attach the permanent bridge, meticulously crafted to match your natural teeth.
How do implant-supported bridges differ from traditional bridges?
Traditional dental bridges rely on adjacent natural teeth for support, whereas implant-supported bridges are anchored on implants fixed in the jawbone. This not only makes them more stable but also helps in preserving jawbone health.
Who is a good candidate for Implant-Supported Bridges?
Ideal candidates are those with good general and oral health, sufficient jawbone to support the implants, and no significant health conditions that could affect bone healing. A thorough evaluation by a dentist is necessary to determine suitability.
How long do Implant-Supported Bridges last?
With proper care and maintenance, they can last many years, often over a decade. The longevity depends on factors like oral hygiene, lifestyle, and regular dental check-ups.
Are there any risks or complications associated with Implant-Supported Bridges?
As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks, such as infection, damage to surrounding teeth or nerves, and implant failure. However, these are relatively rare, especially when the procedure is performed by an experienced dentist.
What is the success rate of Implant-Supported Bridges?
The success rate is very high, often above 95%. Success depends on factors like the skill of the dentist, patient’s oral hygiene, and overall health.
How do Implant-Supported Bridges affect eating and speaking?
Once fully healed and adjusted, they function like natural teeth, allowing for normal eating and speaking without the inconvenience experienced with removable dentures.
How do I know if an Implant-Supported Bridge is the right choice for me?
The best way to determine if this treatment is suitable for you is to consult with a dental professional who can assess your individual needs and provide personalized advice. Call us today to schedule a consultation at Vail Family Dentistry.
Learn more about Dental Implants at Vail Family Dentistry
A bridge is a restoration for two or more missing teeth in a row. Common restorations like fixed bridges or removable partials can cause the surrounding bone to weaken because they are dependent on adjacent teeth for support. However, implant-supported bridges integrate with the natural bone, providing a much stronger and more natural restoration.
A dental crown is a restoration that replaces the top part of the tooth. A single tooth that needs to be completely replaced can be restored utilizing an implant-supported crown. The crown is typically made of porcelain, giving the restoration a natural look.
An implant-supported denture is a type of overdenture (a removable partial denture or a complete denture that covers and rests on one or more remaining natural teeth, the roots of natural teeth, and/or dental implants) that is supported by, and attached to, implants. A regular denture rests on the gums and is not supported by implants.
Individual Dental Implants
A dental implant is a titanium post that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line to replace the tooth's root. It is then topped with a crown after healing to provide the appearance of a natural, healthy tooth. If you're considering implants, you must have healthy gums and a jaw bone that is strong enough to secure and support the post.
Implants vs. Bridges
Dental implants are the next best thing to your healthy, natural teeth. Strong and stable, a dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth when implanted by your dentist. While dental implants may need periodic adjustments, they can last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time.
A featured review of Vail Family Dentistry from a Vail, AZ dental patient neighbor.
“An Awesome Experience!”
// Family Dentistry in Vail, AZ
How can we support your family's dental health?
Pediatric and Family Dentistry
We love kids! Setting your children on the path to a lifetime of great dental health is a great passion of ours. We take our role in the community seriously and look forward to serving your entire family. LEARN ABOUT OUR APPROACH TO FAMILY DENTISTRY...
Full Mouth Restoration
Have missing or bad teeth? We can restore your smile with dental implants. Eat what you want again and smile with confidence. LEARN ABOUT DENTAL IMPLANTS...
You can finally get the Smile Of Your Dreams with expert cosmetic dentistry techniques from Vail Family Dentistry. MORE ON COSMETIC DENTISTRY...
Contact Us Now For General Dental Services
Our friendly, state-of-the-art dental office with multiple dentists and a fully trained dental staff is the perfect Vail, AZ dental office to come for all your family's general dentistry needs. Contact us today to let us know how we can serve you. CONTACT US NOW
Follow Vail Family Dentistry Now!
We invite the entire community to visit our social media channels and keep up to date on our dental practice events, dental patient case studies, video posts and much more!